Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The view from my bedroom window


I woke up to a snowstorm today!! It looks so pretty when you are in the apartment.... but the moment you go out, you enter a battlefield... Luckily the snow was soft this morning. I didn't really have to scrape any ice off the windscreen. I just had to sweep all the snow off. It was quite thick. On my car, there was about 3-4 inches of snow. It was snowing so heavily when I was sweeping off the snow... hmm... I was considering working from home but I figured since I was home bound majority of the time I was here, it might be good to show my face in the office today. I also made a quick trip to the neighbourhood post office and managed to send off my tax returns for my UK tax. Hope it gets to the tax people on time. It usually takes me around 10 minutes to get to work (although I have only gone into the office once so far) but today it took me 1 hour! Gosh... the I-91 highway was packed and you can't really drive fast because it was so slippery. My car actually skidded when I was turning a corner. The big snowflakes were also pelting down on my windscreen. Luckily, my wipers were working well. I also learnt how to use the back wipers in the SUV as well. Yay! *Pat on shoulder*...

1 comment:

Hsiu Pin said...

When it is snowing or raining, it is not that cold. But when it stops and the wind kicks on... brrrrrrr!! I am actually ok with the jacket I got from Universal Traveller. So that shows that you can actually get winter clothing in Malaysia.