I haven't blogged for a while due to the fact that time has been quite a challenge for me. However, I am finally getting a little balance in my life since I've been working from home for 3 weeks. After this it is back to the crazy and hectic travel schedule. Being at home brings out the devil and I find myself craving for some sweet treats. I decided to make some corn custard (or kuih jagung) since its the easiest thing to make and I don't really need that many ingredients to start with. It turned out pretty good and I wanted to make sure that I don't forget the recipe whenever I feel like making this again:
1.5 cups of Bird's custard powder
1 can of Del Monte creamy corn
1 can of evaporated milk
3 cups of water
1 cup of sugar (or 1.5 cups if you like it sweeter)
1. Mix the custard powder and water until it is completely dissolved.
2. Transfer the mixture into a pot and add the creamy corn, the evaporated milk and the sugar.
3. Use low heat and stir the mixture until it thickens. Make sure you are constantly stirring it because it can get stuck to the bottom of the pot.
4. When it thickens, transfer the mixture into a cake pan.
5. If it looks a little lumpy on the top, just put a little water on top of it and smooth it out.
6. When it cools, transfer it to the fridge.
7. When it is nice and firm, cut and serve.