Friday, January 06, 2006

Manchester

Sob! Sob! Florence was assigned to a project in Manchester and so that meant she would be moving there. Anyway, we decided to visit her the weekend after she left and carry over all the stuff she left behind. So after work on Friday, Jenny and I drove to Manchester. Gosh... it was quite a long drive. We were stuck just outside Birmingham for quite a while because of traffic. Finally made it to Manchester around 11 something. Pretty late. Jenny was going to bunk over at Flo's place while I was to bunk over at Swee Ling's place. I had to give SL a call pretty late at night and the poor girl was already asleep. Manage to bring over all my stuff and kept her awake most of the night catching up on the latest news. Hahaha! SL was actually heading off the Edinburgh the next day with the rest of the Malaysian group in Manchester so she didn't really get enough sleep. Luckily she wasn't driving. SL's apartment was actually facing the happening "Gay District" and so it was pretty loud outside especially on a Friday night.
The next day, we walked around the Manchester city area and for some unexplained reason, I fell ill. Kept sneezing and sneezing. Just wouldn't stop even after I took my hayfever pills. Saw these random balls in the middle of the city so Flo and I decided to pose for a picture.


I made a discovery in Manchester. Found out I look really good in almost every pair of sunglasses I tried on. Hahaha!

No comments: