Friday, January 27, 2006

Char Koon

Just next to my client's office is a big Stop & Shop supermarket and there is this express noodle shop called Char Koon. One of the most popular noodle dish is the Malay Curry Noodles as shown in the picture below. When I arrived onsite, one of the questions I got was "Is malay curry noodles actually a real dish in Malaysia?". Anyway, I was quite curious to see what this "malay curry noodle" was actually like. So I ventured into Char Koon on ordered it. Hmm... it is meehoon goreng (a.k.a described as angel-hair pasta) with chicken & shrimp & mushroom curry poured on top. And they top it off with some boiled spinach. Hmm... don't recall seeing such a dish in Malaysia. It was quite yummy though... but the servings were huge!! It can easily feed 2 people!! Well, I reckon I can probably cook this myself... but I have to wait a while before I try it. After eating this, I felt a bit sick because it was just too much. So no curry noodles for me for a while...

No comments: