Friday, January 06, 2006

Paris Hilton


No, I am not talking that pooch tote-ing, anorexic hotelier's daughter. I wanted to book a room at the Hilton Paris which was just at the foot of the Eiffel Tower but unfortunately it was fully book at the time I wanted to go. Deborah was visiting the UK at that time and was going to Paris for a holiday and I was going to join her for the weekend, just before she flies back home to Malaysia. Anyway, since I could get that hotel, I managed to get the Hilton La Defense (which is pronounced as La De-fonz *add in French accent*). Managed to redeem my Hilton points for a couple of nights there.

I am not actually sure what is the significance of the arch but apparently it is a tourist spot as well. I can't remember who told me this but apparently they had a show where they flew a small plane through the hole.

They gave me a so-called "Relaxation Room" when I checked into the hotel. I specifically asked for 2 beds but didn't get it. So I complained and they managed to upgrade me into a small suite which was quite cool. Also got a fruit basket and a small bottle of wine and a bottle of Evian. Ahh... the benefits of being a Diamond member.

No comments: