Thursday, January 05, 2006

Belgian beer



Ohhh... I never liked beer when I was in Malaysia. But when I got to the UK, somehow I developed a taste for beer. Especially during the summertime when it is so freaking hot! A nice cold beer is as good as the chinese cooling herbal tea. YUM! Anyway, Belgium is just famous for their beers. They just have soooo many. I think on the tourist bus, they mentioned that there are around 400+ different Belgian beers. So even if you drink a different type everyday, you would not even be able to try everything in 1 year!! When I was hanging around in Bruges, we decided to stop for a drink in one of those tourist cafes around the square. I saw quite a few people having this particular beer and I asked the waiter what it was. It was the famous Kwak. 8% alcohol. Mmm.... I had to have it!! I heard about Kwak from my boss who dropped by in the UK just before our Belgium trip and told us that Kwak was like a truth serum for one of his friends. One drink and everything comes out!! Hahaha!! I bought a t-shirt that had the different types of beers on it. Very nice...

No comments: