Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Breakfast and Lunch

Every morning I wake up, I look forward to a bowl of hot oatmeal. I never used to like it but now I think I can't live without it. I am eating this for breakfast everyday now. It is just such a good way to start the day. I put 3 heaped spoonfuls of oats and 1 heaped spoon of oat bran into the bowl. Pour some hot water and zing it in the microwave on high for around 40 seconds. Then I take it out, throw in some milk and swirl it around a bit and put in some fruits. Usually dates or bananas go very well with it. The dates will melt and be slightly caramel-ish and goes nicely with the plain oatmeal. I only have bananas with me at the moment so that will do. The texture is slightly sticky and it is smooth and warm so it is easy to eat and digest. With the oat bran, it lasts a bit longer in my tummy so I am not hungry so soon. I can just imagine my arteries thanking me for the healthy food. Hehehe!!
Ok, just when I was talking about my healthy food, I decided to treat myself to an unhealthy lunch. I don't do this everyday but I just felt like trying it out today. I roasted some pork ribs. Mmmm... yummy! I marinated it with some black bean and garlic sauce, chilli, honey and teriyaki sauce and then just dump it into the oven and broil it. Easy! Don't really have to spend much time over it. Just have to leave it in the over until you smell something burning. Haha! Don't worry, it is a bit better if the fats are slightly charred anyways. And the taste? Mmm... superb!! If I can say so myself! I had some salad to go with it as well but it didn't look so nice in the picture so I didn't really want to put it up.
Here I am... enjoying my pork ribs! Yes, I look a bit tired but that is only because I don't have any make-up on. Damn! I used to look good even without make-up! Looks like age is catching up with me! Oh yes, I managed to sleep until 6 am today! Fantastic! I haven't been able to sleep much due to the jetlag. I read some where that for each time zone you cross, you will need one day to recover. I crossed 13 zones. Does that mean it will take me a fortnight to recover? Nah!! I am well-hydrated and well-rested now. Tomorrow I will be my usual gorgeous self!

1 comment:

Hsiu Lin said...

Are you having rolled oats or quick oats? My oats don't cook that quickly in the microwave.