Friday, January 06, 2006

Monuments in Paris


Paris is huge... we didn't take the hop-on-hop-off bus but took the metro around most of the time. Went to the usual places like the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower. Walked around Champs Elysees but didn't buy much. Didn't really feel like shopping much. Oh! I went to the Escada shop and asked how much a bag was and the saleslady replied "Its very expensive!". I can't believe it! I had a Pretty Woman incident and I am not even a prostitute!! Stupid people...




I think we were pretty lucky weather wise. It was sunny but cool most of the time. We went to the Eiffel and saw long lines everywhere. Anyway, decided to climb up the tower since I was on the stepper most of the time in the gym. Needed to see whether all the effort spent actually helped or not. I think I did pretty well. Got to the first level and had a brownie. Yummy! After that sugar rush, no problems... Debs gave up halfway and waited for me at the bottom.












We also went to the Notre Dame cathedral and I thought it was gorgeous. The problem I have about cathedrals in Europe is that it is just so touristy! No one seems to be praying at all. But I guess they need all the money they can get to maintain all these old buildings....

No comments: