Sunday, January 15, 2006

Planes and snow



This was the view from my hotel room. Nothing except planes and snow. The snow never melts. It might melt a bit but then it freezes up again at night and becomes hard ice. It is all over the place. On the side of the roads, in the parks, etc. It hasn't been snowing much but last night it snowed. Yesterday, it was raining heavily and I was driving on the highway. I saw an accident. It was an SUV. The driver must have lost control and swerved and hit the barrier. My car went over one of the headlights. Gosh... quite scary. Apparently there are crazy drivers here as well and they all drive an SUV. They think that it is the safest car to be in but majority of cars involved in accidents happens to be SUVs. Go figure...
Here is a picture of my car. It is orange in colour. Not the best colour for a car but the bright side (pun intended) about it is that I find it easier to look for it in the car park. Most cars here are either silver or grey. All look the same. Anyway, I won't be having this car for long. Have to return and rent another one. Will take a picture of the cheap car rental that I have to take. Won't be a new car that's for sure. I hope it would be safe to drive. There is a warning out about driving today because the snow is covering layers of ice.
I walked out of my hotel room today to take a few photos. Here a picture of my footprints. Haha! My feet just sinks into the snow. It is so soft now because it is fresh. I am driving afterwards. Hope I won't glide around too much. A bit worried now.

This is the view outside my room. The pool is frozen now. Might go and see whether I can walk on top of it later. I was very annoyed because some people moved into the room above me yesterday and they were making so much of noise in the middle of the night. Felt like calling up the reception to complain about them. But was too exhausted to lift the headset.

No comments: