Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Driving Drama


Sigh... I was driving down to New Haven to catch the train to NYC but just 10 minutes into the trip, I heard a soft thud and then a knocking sound. Hmm... I thought if I drive a bit slower and ignore the sound, it might go away. Unfortunately, I started seeing smoke emitting from the back of my car through my rear-view mirror. I had to quickly stop the car on the side of the road. At first I thought it might have been the exhaust which caused all the smoke but when I got out and inspected the car, I had a flat. Luckily I had my rental documents with me and I called up the roadside assistance and waited around 45 minutes for the guy to arrive. An old man stopped by and asked me whether I had a phone to call for assistance. What a sweetie! Eravi also came down and kept me company for a while. Phew! I was glad it happened during the day. The roadside assistance came and changed my tyre to the donut. I could only drive a maximum of 35 miles/hr to the rental agency to get a new car. I was not in the best of moods when I got to the rental agency but everyone was really nice. I got a lot of "Are you alright, honey?" and "We'll upgrade you for your inconvenience". Hehe! I got a cool car now... it is a Pontiac Grand Prix. The only problem is that it says it has 0% oil life. Hmm... it is probably due for a service. I just hope it last for another 2 weeks and then I am heading back home!!!

No comments: