Friday, March 10, 2006

Dog rice


When I was young, we always had a couple of dogs at home. They usually get fed once a day and their meal consists of chunks of meat and rice. We had 2 rice bins at home. One for us to cook and eat, and another one consisting of "dog rice". Basically, dog rice was just normal rice but a bit unpolished and cheaper. Thus, the texture is a bit more coarse. As the years go by... white rice gets a bad rep especially with the Atkins, GI diets around. And guess what? Unpolished rice is now healthier. Hmmm... Well, I decided to give brown rice a try. No harm trying... I don't usually eat much rice but I did buy a small packet of jasmine rice and brown rice. I mix them up when I cook it. It reminds me of dog rice though... just can't get that image out of my head.... It looks just like the rice Sweetie, Jojo, Puteh and Capri use to eat!!

No comments: