Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Then and Now

Then: Drive half an hour just to shop? Are you mad???
Now: Hey.... the premium shopping outlet is just a couple of hours away! Jom... let's go!

Then: The shop is just round the corner... I'll just walk there....
Now: The community trash bin is situated just outside my apartment building - Walk in the freezing cold? Nah... I think I better drive there.

Then: It took me a whole day to download Desperate Housewives with Streamyx.
Now: It takes me less than half an hour to download Desperate Housewives with my high-speed internet.

Then: I used a video recorder. Must set it at the precise time. No one can touch the Astro channels, no one can switch on the video when it is set.
Now: I use the Digital Video Recorder (DVR). Just set what series you want to tape and it automatically searches all channels for you.

Then: I'll just have take-away. Plentiful and good food all around me and I can get it at any time.
Now: I have to cook everything myself.

Then: I washed my dishes by hand.
Now: My new best friend - the dishwasher!!

Then: -10 degrees celcius?!! *Wear thermals, layer clothing, winter jacket, scarf, beanie, gloves, sensible water-proof shoes*...
Now: -9 degrees celcius?!! Woo hoo!! *Ditch the thermals, wear a t-shirt with the winter jacket and head out with slippers*!

How my life have changed since I arrived in America....

No comments: