Monday, February 13, 2006

Oh woe... its snow...

Well... I thought it was safe to stay in when it snowed. I was peeking out of my windows and was seeing loads of people shovelling the snow from around their cars.... WHAM! It hit me! If your car gets buried under the snow and then the snow melts a bit and then hardens again, your car will be buried in hard-core ice. Yikes! I immediately decided that I'll go down and try and sweep some snow away from my car. I mean, I have done it quite a few times already so how hard can it be??

Unfortunately, it looks like the weather was playing a cruel joke on me. Quite a few cars were buried under the snow.

The snow around my car was knee high. And how did I know that? Well, I stepped right into the snow and confirmed it was knee-high. I got my little ice scraper and scraped the snow off my car. Then I thought, since I am driving an SUV, it wouldn't be that difficult to just climb over the snow.... after all, it is not as if I have a shovel with me. I started my car, put it in reverse and stepped on the gas pedal. Vroom vroom.... yeah... my car was still at the same spot. Vroom vroom... yep... its not moving.... vroom vroom... sigh... looks like I have to shovel the snow away from my car.... Now... did I mention that I don't own a shovel?

Well... I was looking around helplessly trying to see whether I could con someone to lend me his shovel but unfortunately, no one was around as everyone already did their shovelling before I went down. All of a sudden... in my time of need, I had an inspiration... it was just like Star Wars when Luke Skywalker hears Obi-wan Kenobi saying "Use the force, Luke!". But for me, it was like "Use the dustbin, Pin!"... I dashed back into my apartment, grabbed a dustbin and went back out there. Scooped snow with my trusty bin and finally managed to get a small path clear for my car to get out. I decided to drive around a bit and see whether I could find another car park that was clear of snow... heh heh... obviously, I didn't want to repeat the whole saga again tomorrow morning! Unfortunately, there wasn't another available car park so I went back to mine and drove in and out a bit so that my tyre will create a path for me.
It is still snowing... looks like I might be late for work tomorrow...

No comments: