Sunday, February 05, 2006

Andersen's first birthday


I got a little toy for Andersen... it was a little plastic "cd player". There is a big button in the middle and 3 small buttons on the top. If you press the middle button, the cd will spin and will stop at an animal, for example: Dog. Then, a voice will say "DOG!" and then a nursery song will play that has that word in it. After that, the sound that the animal makes will come on... "WOOF!". The 3 little buttons on top will allow you to replay which part you want, i.e. Animal name, song or animal sound.

My brother-in-law describes this toy as "Animal roulette".

Angie and Jeff baked 2 cakes!! YUMMY! One was a carrot cake baked by Jeff and you can have ice cream with 3 flavours on it (vanilla, chocolate and strawberry) and the other was a chiffon cake and you eat it with raspberries and blackberries and whipped cream.

Andersen had a slice of carrot cake and managed to eat half of it. I think he missed his mouth when trying to eat the other half. He is so cute. I am always very entertained watching him eat.

I had a slice of the chiffon cake myself with whipped cream and berries. YUM! I love raspberries. I reckon I got addicted to raspberries when I was in the UK and I went raspberry picking with Jenny.

Ohhh... I learnt a new dessert from Angie today. Get the puff pastry, and cut it into squares and bake it. Then get the custard from the can. When the pastry is done, make a custard sandwich with the pastry shells. Arrange in on a plate and then sprinkle icing sugar over it. Jeff said you can sprinkle cocoa over it as well to get the chocolate taste. I think I am going to attempt that when Jenny comes and visit me over here.


Andersen had a lot of presents but he had difficulty opening them. Luckily his big sister and cousins were around to help him. I think they were more than willing to help him open up all his presents as that is something a kid loves to do... opening up pressies!!

Here's a picture of grandpa Bill with Andersen and Chloe.

No comments: