Monday, February 13, 2006

Sunday breakfast at Raju's

I usually have oats in the morning. However, on Sundays in Malaysia, I love going to Raju's in Section 5 for a banana leaf meal. My favourite - paper thosai with one scoop of dhal and overflowing with chicken curry plus the coconut chutney and the chilli onion (lots and lots of this - only available on weekends). Also, the fried tenggiri fish (don't know what this variety of fish is called in English), fried chicken and chicken masala complements the meal nicely. I usually have a "limau ais kosong" (lime juice - no sugar) to go with the meal because it makes me feel less guilty. Don't ask me why but somewhere in my mind, it tells me that it will negate the oily and sinful food. Anyways, I am miles away from Malaysia but I found frozen roti canai in the asian grocery store last week. I just make my own chicken curry and pan fry the roti canai and voila! My own banana leaf meal... albeit... without the banana leaf.

1 comment:

jigsaw said...

next time u back we go for the real thing :) miss our brunches...