Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ailments

It has been a while since my last entry. I guess I have been pretty busy with work and also with an early trip back to Malaysia. Recently, someone told me I have been like a disaster area. I got back to Dallas after 2 weeks in Malaysia and I could barely walk the next day (Monday). Both my legs were swollen and my ankles were twice the normal size. At first the doctor thought it might be DVT so I went for an ultrasound. Luckily there wasn't a clot and the doctor said that it is probably just an inflammation. I also had a little bit of rash on my body but the doctor said it was probably nothing.

The next day (Tuesday), I had a slight fever and more rashes. This was when I thought... ooo... maybe I've got rubella. The doctor dismissed it again and just told me it is probably just a viral infection. I noticed that with doctors, if they don't know what it is, they usually tell you it is a viral infection.

On Wednesday and Thursday, I went back to work because I was unable to stay locked up in a small hotel room. I think that was a mistake because I was probably still a bit run-down and when I woke up on Friday, I had a massive breakout of rashes all over my body. Had to go to the Emergency room to see the doctor and they told me it was an allergy. I don't know what I am allergic to but I am sure it is "work". The rashes were bad. I could barely bring myself to take a picture. Took a blurry one with my iPhone. Spent the next 3 days eating antihistamines every 4 hours and sleeping.

I was better the next week. Then I went for the Maroon 5 and Counting Crows concert (which was extremely good by the way) and sat on the grass and had a hayfever attack. I am still having the sniffles even though it has been a few days after the concert.

I just want to get better!!

1 comment:

Hsiu Lin said...

Aiyee! Those rashes look horrible! Hope you get better soon.