Saturday, November 04, 2006

Hair colour anyone?

For those of you who knows me, you would know that I have been colouring my hair for the past 7 years. I guess with short hair, it just looks a bit better if you have a bit of colour in your hair to add some texture into it. Red, green, blonde, lowlights, highlights, headlights (???), I have done it all. Just recently I made my usual pilgrimage to the hairdressers to get my hair cut and coloured since I was back in Malaysia. Got a brownish base with platinum blonde highlights. Unlike some of my friends who colour their hair and try to make it look like they didn't colour it at all, I can carry off really obvious colours.

I thought my hair colour was pretty obvious but when I stepped into Midvalley Megamall, I was accosted by a sales lady from Guardian pharmacy who shoved some hair colour from L'oreal into my face - "Eskew me miss... hair colour... velly easy to use!!". Bloody hell... Do I look like I still need more hair colour??? I had enough foils in my hair to operate a satellite dish! Do these sales people actually look at the people they are trying to sell their products to and what are they thinking? Do they think to themselves:
1. Oh!! She has coloured her hair! I think she will want more hair colour!
or
2. Just keep shouting to everyone and hopefully someone will bite on the bait?

I reckon its the latter...

No comments: