Thursday, December 22, 2005

Tze's special tour of London Part 2

Oops.... I ended my last entry prematurely. Tze's London tour is definitely more extensive than just Buckingham Palace and a photo with the guard. We also went to Trafalgar Square and climbed up one of the lion things. It was quite scary. I don't usually climb stuff because I am so ladylike (ahem!). Anyways, after we took this photo, it was quite hard to get down from the lion. Had to make sure someone is down below to help break your fall. We went to the London art gallery here and we saw one of the paintings by Da Vinci. I think it was Virgin on the rocks or was it Madonna on the rocks. Anyway, it was one of the paintings mentioned in the book the Da Vinci Code. I absolutely loved that book and I can't wait for the movie next year.

One of the famous monuments in London is of course the Big Ben. We didn't actually go very close to the monument as we just wanted to take a picture. After the Big Ben, we walked around and had a look at Westminster Abbey as well. Didn't go in though. Oh... Westminster Abbey was also mentioned in the Da Vinci Code. We considered going up on the London Eye but we didn't make a booking on the internet and just couldn't be bothered to line up for tickets. Kekeke!


Greenwich... that's where the Meridian Line is. We got here pretty late and just had dinner at Tai Woon Meen (which translates to Big Bowl Noodles). We walked around and manage to see the green line. Couldn't really take a clear picture of it so I didn't want to put it up. Thanks for a great tour Tze! I would totally recommend this tour to anyone going to visit you in London.

No comments: