Saturday, December 17, 2005

Axon UK's Christmas Do


Every year Axon UK organises a big party for Christmas. I managed to make it in 2004. It was held somewhere near Westminster and was on a Saturday, 4 December 2004. If I was back in Malaysia, I guess I would be doing all the "tai tai" stuff like getting a manicure and a pedicure, doing my hair, etc. Unfortunately, everything in the UK is so much more expensive than back home so you need to DIY. I decided I could probably make do without a manicure and since I was wearing closed toe shoes, I probably didn't need a pedicure as well. My hair.... well.... I haven't found a hairdresser over in the UK that I can entrust my hair to. Oh.... I bought my dress in Monsoon. It was 130 pounds. Yes... nearly a RM1000 dress. Argh.... but of course.... you shouldn't convert because then you won't be able to buy anything. I actually saw another dress after I bought this one and it was orange and yellow. Ohhh.... totally fell in love with it but couldn't really bring myself to fork out another 130 pounds so soon after buying the first dress. We caught the coach buses organised by Axon from Egham to the destination and started off with champagne on the bus. I can't really remember what was my starter or main meal but the one thing I can definitely remember was the dessert!! Ohhh... it was absolutely sinful. There was a plate of fruits and marshmallows for you to dip into a deliciously rich chocolate fondue. It was sooooo yummy. I missed the 2005 Christmas event in the UK though.... I hope when I head off to the US, I'll be able to attend the Christmas event in the US for 2006.

No comments: