Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Hunger Games trilogy

I just love picking up a book and end up getting totally absorbed in it. I have to say that I really enjoyed this series. It revolves around 16 year old Katniss Everdeen who lives in a post-apocalyptic world in the country of Panem where North America once existed (hmmm, what happened to Canada?). Panem consists of a capitol with 12 districts and the Hunger Games are an annual televised event (think of Survivor, Big Brother, etc) where the capitol chooses one boy and one girl from each district to fight to the death.

Although this book is targeted for young adults, it is pretty entertaining for whatever age you may be. Of course, a movie is currently in the works and is estimated to be released in 2012. Can't wait to watch it!


3 comments:

MayChing said...

sounds interesting. my kind of book!

Hsiu Lin said...

I've read them too! Very good... Saw some pictures of the new movie...looks good. I must be showing my age though...the only actor on the list that I recognised was Woody Harrelson for the role of mentor Mitch. Surely he can't be that old!!!

Family Travellers said...

I totally got sucked into these books as well. Looking forward to the movie. My 10 year old daughter is now reading them as well. It's been a while since I read something that pulled me in like this.
www.worldfamilytravellers.blogspot.com