Friday, January 08, 2010

Tze's special tour of London - revisited

I thought it would be good to revisit Tze's special tour of London and take new pictures of older me. We started out having a quick breakfast at Pret a Manger and then hopped onto the Metropolitan and Jubilee line to head into the city.









Got off at Green Park and head towards Buckingham Palace to see the Queen... or rather just the changing of the guards.

As it was constantly raining, they cancelled the changing of the guards and they marched on back to where they came from. Ah well...

Besides marching around, they also stand around. Poor sods... It must suck to have to stand like that in the rain and cold.


I tried it too... But at least I was smart enough to stand inside the booth and out of the rain! Go me!



Just in case you were wondering, I did NOT get arrested in London. Maybe next time...



This is my typical "British person" pose - equipped with an umbrella, jacket, scarf and stepping out of a phone booth... Actually, who uses the phone booth anymore? Everyone has a mobile phone!


Here's old Big Ben... It is actually the great bell of the clock but people usually extend it to refer to the clock or clock tower itself.


We walked pass Westminster Abbey too and Kevin helpfully pointed out that Princess Diana's funeral was held here.
We ended the tour in Trafalgar Square but this time, I didn't climb on the lions. It was all fenced up anyway in preparations for the NYE celebrations...
So... I don't think I look that much older, do I? Do I???

3 comments:

TJ said...

you look exactly like how i last saw you, which was a long time ago.

Hsiu Pin said...

Haha! Thanks TJ! My shameless attempt for a compliment worked!!

mum101 said...

So envious..I want to do Tze's special tour again!!

You look the same...still so young and pretty.