Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hat fetish

I don't usually wear hats because my hair is usually styled beautifully and I don't want to spoil it by having hat hair. Anyway, since I am missing my hair stylist Philip... and I can't find another stylist in Chicago, I have decided to grow out my hair. Yes... shock, horror, I am going to "attempt" to grow it out again. I think it has been about 10-11 years since I have had long hair. Ah well... we'll see how long this will last. I am already thinking about chopping it off again.
Anyway, in order to keep myself warm in frigid Chicago, I went shopping to get a new winter jacket. I found one I really liked but it didn't have a hood. So I "had" to get a hat. This started my new obsessions with hats. Check out my collection so far:

This is a bowling style hat - bought from Ann Taylor. This was the first one I bought but not one of my favourites. Haven't worn it yet. Will have to find a time and place to wear it.

Got this beret from Banana Republic. Loves the fact that it matches my hair colour. Love everything about it. Will wear it everyday if I could. Unfortunately, it doesn't cover my ears so when the wind blows in the Windy city, my ears might drop off.

Simple black hat from J.Crew... bought it because I was desperate for something to cover my ears. Kinda makes my head look like an egg but it is thin and warm. Easy to carry around with me. Convenient but I haven't really put it to the test yet.

Fun and colourful hat from Forever 21. Good for casual wear and if you are having a bad hair day. Clashes with some clothes from my wardrobe though... But then again, who cares?!

I need to stop shopping.

5 comments:

Hsiu Lin said...

The bottom one makes you look like a country milk maid.

TJ said...

Vote for 2

MayChing said...

i love no 2 and no 4!!

Hsiu Pin said...

Hehehe... 2 is my favourite and have gotten me quite a few compliments so far... :)

Mr + Mrs Kong said...

You look really nice in hats! :) No 2! :)