Thursday, June 01, 2006

The wrong side of the bed...

This is a tale of the sadistic, killing alarm clock. With the advancement of technology, it has been quite a while since I used a proper alarm clock. After all, who needs one with our mobile phones at our side most of the time? We just need to set a time and bingo! Some smart person also created a button called “Snooze”. It is definitely one of the better creations of all time. However, if you are not used to the sound of the alarm clock, you might either:
1. Not wake up at all or
2. Jump out of the bed with your heart pounding

The Sheraton Wall Centre in downtown Vancouver provides each room with a radio alarm clock. We got a room with 2 double beds but the beds were slightly smaller than a queen size bed. Georgie and Jenny shared a bed and lucky me - I got a bed all to myself.

Since Georgie was the closest to the alarm clock, she was in charge of setting the alarm in the morning. The silly clock was 1 hour fast so she set it at 6 am. However, somehow during the night, she adjusted the time to the correct zone. At 6 am… the bloody alarm went off blaring and scared the shit out of us. Jenny jumped up in the bed (and promptly just turn over to sleep again) and Georgie, in her haste to switch the bloody thing off, fell off the bed and hit her head on the side table and landed with a loud *thump* onto the floor.


I panicked like mad! I shouted “Georgie!!! Georgie!!!” and she didn’t reply! I thought she died or something. Finally Jenny decided to roll over and join in the shouting match as well. So the 2 of us were shouting at poor Georgie who was just lying so still on the floor. Finally she moved one arm and rubbed her head… and said… “Ya… none of you bothered to even switch on a light!!!”

Whoops!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

For a while, I thought I pushed Georgi off the bed!!! I could've been sued!!!